My client, a growing bid consultancy are seeking a number of Senior Bid Writers to join their team. Following a strong 4 year period of growth, they are looking to continue this with these new additions. This is a full time, permanent role. You can be based anywhere in the UK but you will be required to travel to the Birmingham office a couple of times per month.
You will have a minimum of 3 years bid writing experience, have a proven track record of working in a content heavy role and be confident working across a varied client base / service lines. My client is open to any sector experience. The salary is £40,000 – £65,000 depending on experience.
Duties and responsibilities
- Share best practice across the business to challenge delivery norms and accelerate innovation
- Work closely with sector and solution leads to ensure you maintain a current and sector leading awareness
- Support early engagement with clients to build effective capture
- Develop strong and convincing value propositions which prepare the teams ahead of each opportunity landing
- Work closely with bid leads and bid managers to ensure clients and their SME’s understand why each client has the specific question in the way they have, and challenge the developing solution
- Build captivating and compelling content for each response
- Constructively challenge the bid throughout various review stages
- Participate in all progress meetings from launch to client satisfaction
- Coach and develop the wider bid team
Ideally you will be degreed educated in a relevant subject (English, Journalism, Creative Writing etc) and have a professional membership such as APMP. You will have a passion for writing, and be confident creating high quality content that stands out from the norm. You will be skilled in using the Microsoft suite of tools (MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel, MS Teams / SharePoint) and ideally Adobe InDesign. You will have a track record of building strong and lasting relationships with internal customers and/or external clients.
How to apply
To apply for this role or to find out more information, please send a CV to Hayley Wood.
If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please browse the other vacancies on our website. We are specialists in Bid Recruitment, Marketing Recruitment and Business Development Recruitment and have a range of posts available. We also welcome speculative applications.