LEAD BUILDING SURVEYOR / ASSOCIATED BRITISH PORTS / CLIENT SIDE
Associated British Ports (ABP) is the UK’s leading and best-connected port owner and operator, with a network of 21 ports handling around a quarter of the UK’s seaborne trade. Handling £150b of UK trade every year, these ports connect the nation’s importers and exporters to global markets. They also support 119,000 jobs and contribute £7.5 billion to the economy every year, handling £150 billion of trade.
Responsible for setting, monitoring, and evolving the processes standards and delivery of building surveying disciplines across the port estate. Upskilling regional teams to support, educate the wider business on opportunities and risks and manage, with internal and external support, multiple projects. A key member of the Property function supporting and prioritising Property initiatives across the portfolio.
To undertake such other duties related to the work of ABP as may be assigned and which are consistent with the nature of the job, its level of responsibility and within the post holder’s technical competence.
This statement aims to set out the main purpose and accountabilities of the job identified above. It is in no way exhaustive and the jobholder will be expected to carry out any other duties as may be required by their line manager commensurate with their grade/level in the Company and subject to the Company providing any necessary training.
- Set and monitor best practice and process in the management of dilapidation activity. Provide advice and guidance as required.
- Support of the insurance Reinstatement Cost Assessment process including managing outsourced suppliers, preparation of desktop assessments and advice on building costs and building cost indices.
- Set and monitor best practice in the procurement, registering and management of Energy Performance Certificates.
- Manage / support where required the procurement of external building surveying and project management advice for the property function.
- Advise on and prepare information/ management reports on projects highlighting any issues and exceptions occurring at project level.
- MRICS, RIBA or CIOB
- 5 years PQE.
- Significant development experience focused on delivering change and working across boundaries.
- Strong ability to analyse costs and to negotiate.
- Ability to produce clear and coherent plans and strategies to support the achievement of objectives.
- Excelling communication skills.
- Knowledge of forms of contract, contract negotiation, and management to ensure best value.
- Experience of the development, implementation and monitoring of management systems.
- Experience of procurement of works and services and contract management.
- Ability to engage at all levels being persuasive, informative and credible that sustains the confidence and trust of internal and external stakeholders.
- Qualification in Project Management e.g. Prince 2 or similar.
For a confidential conversation please contact Daniah Williams MRICS
m: 07989 435 960 / e: firstname.lastname@example.org