ESTATE SURVEYOR / ASSOCIATED BRITISH PORTS / CLIENT SIDE
EAST ANGLIA / (IPSWICH, LOWESTOFT OR KING’S LYNN)
Associated British Ports (ABP) is the UK’s leading and best-connected port owner and operator, with a network of 21 ports handling around a quarter of the UK’s seaborne trade. Handling £150b of UK trade every year, these ports connect the nation’s importers and exporters to global markets. They also support 119,000 jobs and contribute £7.5 billion to the economy every year, handling £150 billion of trade.
With a landbank of over 1000 hectares, a tenant portfolio of over 1,000 tenants and strategically located ports, ABP has a uniquely diverse portfolio. Access to cross-sector growth opportunities, makes it a forward-thinking, fast-paced and dynamic place to work.
This role is based in East Anglia and will be responsible for delivering estate management activity and supporting asset management initiatives in respect of an allocated portfolio of property in Ipswich, Lowestoft and King’s Lynn.
- Manage portfolio of tenants
- Undertake all lease activity (I.e. renewals, reviews)
- Inspect all tenants annually
- Completeness and accuracy of property data
- Reducing vacancy rates.
- Growing rental by more than the market as measured by independent published indices
- Managing and mitigating risk.
- Effective on boarding and off boarding of third-party occupiers
- Execution of lease events and lettings, in the best interests of ABP, with the support of
- the Central Property Function, including the appointment and oversight of agents along with
- other external advisors as may be required.
- Maintain and enhance the quality of the estate through holding ABP and occupiers to account for their contractual obligations, pursuing and closing out dilapidation settlements and preparing business cases for maintenance, MEES compliance and other improvement works.
- Engaging the support of the Central Property Function and regional colleagues as may be required.
- Delivery of landlord and tenant negotiations including lettings, rent review, lease expiries and lease renewals.
- Inspecting tenanted property and holding parties to account for their obligations
- Experience of industrial and logistics sector.
- Experience of working in a matrix organisation.
- Experience of both landlord and occupier estate management – and an appreciation of the different drivers and considerations of each.
- Ability to identify issues in a timely manner and hold people to account.
- An appreciation and understanding of operational risk in the port / industrial / logistics sector and an understanding of when and how to seek specialist advice and input.
- MRICS or equivalent
- Full driving licence
For a confidential conversation please contact Daniah Williams MRICS
m: 07989 435 960 / e: firstname.lastname@example.org