The Management Recruitment Group was established in 2007, initially with a small team based in an office in Twickenham. Fast forward 15 years and we’re now a global company with people in the UK, Malaysia, South Africa and Australia – with new regions set to open soon.
It may not seem too long ago, but the world was a very different place in 2007:
- The first iPhone was announced by Apple.
- Gordon Brown became the new British Prime Minister.
- The smoking ban in all enclosed public spaces came into effect across the UK.
- WhatsApp didn’t even exist for another 2 years.
- Construction on Salesforce Tower at 110 Bishopsgate (formerly Heron Tower) started.
- Many iconic buildings in the city wouldn’t even begin being built for several more years, including The Shard, 122 Leadenhall Street (the Cheesegrater), and 20 Fenchurch Street (the WalkieTalkie).
On a more local level, the last few years in particular, have seen a huge amount of growth towards a digital-first approach for the team at MRG:
- We have moved from working in-office on desktop computers to a fully flexible hybrid model of working.
- We no longer have a reliance on needing to meet with clients and candidates in person, and can now be more adaptable with tools such as Zoom and Teams.
- Whilst documentation used to be printed off and completed by hand, we’ve now moved to a digital approach – not only resulting in increased efficiency but an improvement in our sustainability policy.
CEO, Simon Cheshire, said about the anniversary: “I’m really proud of what we’ve achieved over the past 15 years, and am so grateful for the team we’ve built and our clients and candidates who have continued to support us on our journey“.