REGIONAL ACQUISITIONS MANAGER
Location: Willenhall, West Midlands
Working Pattern: Field Based
Reports to: Acquisitions Manager
Excellent benefits and package
Established in 1917, A.F. Blakemore & Sons Ltd is one of the largest and most forward-thinking family-owned businesses in the UK. They are seeking a Regional Acquisitions Manager who will take ownership over their own geographic location, with the opportunity to shape and expand A.F. Blakemore’s national portfolio, realising and unlocking potential for their legacy to grow. This role requires an experienced and dynamic individual to acquire suitable opportunities for the purpose of operating Blakemore group retail operations through identification of suitable land, premises and going concerns, their subsequent assessment, negotiation and reporting ensuring that the quality of new sites enhances profitability and business performance.
- Identify suitable opportunities for the purpose of operating a SPAR convenience store or other retail trading formats.
- Work closely with Developers, Agents and legal advisors to deliver acquisitions that are aligned to the Property strategy.
- Seek “off market” opportunities proactively through own enquiries and direct approaches.
- Conduct negotiations for site acquisitions.
- Agree best possible terms with planning, licensing and other appropriate authorities ensuring deadlines are met for each acquisition in line with Blakemore Group expectations.
- Conduct due diligence for all sites including assessing feasibility, risk, competitor activity, local developments.
- Produce site reports/proposals and internal memorandums for senior management and relevant Group Boards
- Work closely with the construction team to assist with end-to-end delivery of projects, on time and within budget.
- Advise on relevant trends and developments in the Property marketplace and review competitor activity.
- Compliance with health and safety responsibilities as defined at Level 3 of the company Health and Safety Policy arrangements.
To be considered:
- Experience of managing the entire acquisition process from site finding, negotiation, purchase, legal and licensing processes etc.
- Experience of liaising with landlords and developers
- Ability to work under tight time constraints to deliver high quality service.
- A strong, concise communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Valid driving license
A.F. Blakemore is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, please get in touch with A.F. Blakemore’s
recruitment partner, The Management Recruitment Group.
Daniah Williams MRICS
Business Director – Real Estate m: 07989 435 960 e: email@example.com