Head of Housing and Customer Service (Local Authority)
Public sector – London
- Hybrid working pattern
- C £50,000 – £60,000 per annum + benefits
About the client
The Management Recruitment Group is recruiting a Head of Housing and Customer service on behalf of a Local Authority in London.
Reporting to the Director of Housing, accountabilities to include: –
- Responsible for the delivery of first-class customer experience for social housing residents
- Responsible for community engagement and ensuring properties are optimally managed
- Develop plans to deliver against KPI’s, H&S, asset management and customer satisfaction
- Develop robust processes to ensure customer satisfaction and lead on service improvements
- Oversee customer complaints in accordance with housing ombudsman requirements
- Provide leadership for the proactive response and remediation of customer complaints
- Ensure housing management teams and operational staff adhere to compliance and regulatory requirements including H&S and Housing Act
- Provide leadership to property teams and operational staff
- Work closely with asset management and support maintenance/FM ensuring building safety standards are adhered to
- Work closely with construction staff to successfully mobilise new-build developments, capital projects and change management projects
- Provide oversight for day-to-day housing operations including rent collection, income management, arrears, property charges, renewals, and minimisation of voids
- Recognised housing qualification such as CIH
- Proven track history in a similar position within a local authority or housing association
- Proven experience leading teams preferably at head of service level
- Good experience within social housing including building compliance, regulatory housing standards and customer voice
- Proven experience strategically leading on customer experience/journey initiatives
- Understanding of asset management operations including maintenance, FM, H&S
- Service improvement and performance management experience and capabilities
What to do now
For a confidential discussion, please contact the retained recruitment advisor handling this assignment – Edward Kaye (Edward.Kaye@mrgglobaleople.co.uk) of The Management Recruitment Group.
This is an urgent post and is open until filled.
Equality & Diversity Statement
The Management Recruitment Group shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidate/temporary worker is submitted for a vacancy or assignment, or in any terms of employment or terms of engagement for temporary workers. MRG Interim Executives will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with the candidate’s merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required by the particular vacancy.