Bid Recruitment are delighted to be partnering with British Red Cross to support their recruitment of a Business and Partnerships Development Manager.
Job Title: Business and Partnerships Development Manager
Job Location: North of England – flexible working with an office base in Sheffield, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle, Hull or Preston
Salary: £38,896 to £41,358 per annum
Hours: 35 per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Are you ready to drive business development and grow income in our health and social care services and reach more people in need as a Business and Partnerships Development Manager (BDM) with the British Red Cross?
If you’re an experienced BDM and/or salesperson with a flair for developing new business, then we have a fantastic opportunity to join our regional leadership team as a Business and Partnerships Development Manager. You will need excellent interpersonal and communication skills as a significant part of the role is engaging with external stakeholders in health and social care organisations (for example hospitals, ICBs, etc, local authorities and other local organisations, including voluntary sector partners). Analytical skills and an eye for detail are also important as part of the role involves understanding organisational and community needs and developing proposals for integrated health and social care solutions to meet them. Experiences in health service development would be advantageous.
We are looking for someone who will collaborate closely with different teams to secure funding, co-develop bids, and develop partnership opportunities- or new projects in partnership with the Region's Director, Operations Managers and Product Specialists, while following corporate protocols and procedure.
A day in the life of a Business and Partnerships Development Manager will involve:
• Contributing to strategy development
• Co-developing bids and pitches for new business that drive income growth
• Creating attractive services based on evidence and beneficiary needs to attract external funders.
• Mapping stakeholders and designing and maintaining an engagement plan
• Staying updated on changes and trends that may provide opportunities or affect income sources.
• Advising and supporting our team on new opportunities, service contracts and funding requirements.
• Planning, budgeting and working with Fundraising to meet needs and secure opportunities.
• Managing relationships with local commissioners, decision-makers, and partners.
To be a successful Business and Partnerships Development Manager, you’ll need:
• Excellent communication skills, including ability to deliver effective written and spoken presentations.
• Experience of service of service development or developing programmes/services in response to identified needs.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft packages and IT tools.
• Financial skills to manage budgets effectively and contribute to service model development.
• Knowledge of statutory and non-statutory agencies and their purposes, particularly in the health and social care space.
• Sharp analytical and strategic thinking for decision making and problem solving.
• Good interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and negotiation.
• Commercial awareness
• Full UK driving licence and own vehicle, alongside the ability to work and travel throughout the region as appropriate.
The closing date for applications is 23.59 on Sunday the 30th of July 2023 with interviews to follow on the interview dates of 10th and 11th of August.
Please note, we reserve the right to close applications early, given high volume.
In return for your commitment and expertise, you’ll get:
Holidays – You’ll get 36 days annual leave (including bank holidays) and the option to buy an additional 5 days leave.
Pension scheme– We offer up to 6% contributory pension.
Flexible working – We will do what we can to make sure you work in a way that suits you
Learning & Development Opportunities – We are one of the UK’s largest charities and have a wide range of career opportunities. We also provide comprehensive learning opportunities for staff to develop themselves.
Discounts – You’ll have access to brilliant discounts through the Blue Light Discount Card and our own employee benefits platform.
Wellbeing Support – Staff wellbeing is always priority. You’ll have access to mental health and wellbeing support.
Team Working – You will be working as part of a team that is supporting our mission of helping people in crisis.
Cycle2Work -The cycle to work scheme enables you to lease a bicycle.
Season ticket loan – We offer an interest free loan to buy a season ticket for travel between home and work.
At The British Red Cross, we pride ourselves on our diverse workforce, and ensuring we have an inclusive environment for all our staff and volunteers. We remain committed to ensuring our teams can bring their true selves to work without risk or fear of discrimination. We do this through regular data reporting, and the support of our internal Race and Equality Network (REEN), LGBT+ Network, our Disability and Wellness Network (DAWN), Gender Network, Carers Network and Youth Network.