Bid Recruitment are proud to be partnering with British Red Cross on an exciting job opportunity.
Job Title: Business and Partnerships Development Manager
Job Location: Midlands and East Anglia – Flexibility is available
Salary: £38,896 per annum
Hours: 35 per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Are you ready to drive business development and grow our services to reach more people in need as a Business and Partnership Manager with the British Red Cross?
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our area leadership team as a Business and Partnership Manager. You will need excellent interpersonal and communication skills as a significant part of the role is engaging with external stakeholders in health organisations (for examples ICBs), local authorities and other local organisations, including voluntary sector partners. Analytical skills and an eye for detail are also important as part of the role involves reviewing and coordinating contract documentation. Experiences in service development would be advantageous.
We are looking for someone who will collaborate closely with different teams to secure funding, co-develop bids, and develop partnership opportunities- or new projects in partnership with the Area Director and Operations Managers, while following corporate protocols and procedure.
A day in the life of a Business and Partnerships Development Manager will involve:
- Contributing to strategy development and supporting bids for funding.
- Co-developing bids and pitches for tenders, grants, and partnerships.
- Creating attractive services based on evidence and beneficiary needs to attract external funders.
- Staying updated on changes and trends that may provide opportunities or affect income sources.
- Advising and supporting our team on new opportunities, service contracts and funding requirements.
- Planning, budgeting and working with fundraising to meet needs and secure opportunities.
- Managing relationships with local commissioners, decision-makers, and partners.
- Ensuring new services are aligned to our quality standards
To be a successful Business and Partnerships Development Manager, you’ll need:
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to deliver effective written and spoken presentations.
- Experience of service of service development or developing programmes/services in response to identified needs.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft packages and IT tools.
- Financial skills to manage budgets effectively and contribute to service model development.
- Knowledge of statutory and non-statutory agencies and their purposes.
- Sharp analytical and strategic thinking for decision making and problem solving.
- Good interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and conflict resolution.
- Full UK driving license and own vehicle, alongside the ability to work and travel throughout the area as appropriate.
The closing date for applications is 23.59 on the of 30th July 2023. Please note, we reserve the right to close applications early, given high volume.
In return for your commitment and expertise, you’ll get:
- Holidays –You’ll get 36 days annual leave (including bank holidays) and the option to buy an additional 5 days leave.
- Pension scheme – We offer up to 6% contributory pension.
- Flexible working – We will do what we can to make sure you work in a way that suits you.
- Learning & Development Opportunities – We are one of the UK’s largest charities and have a wide range of career opportunities. We also provide comprehensive learning opportunities for staff to develop themselves.
- Discounts – You’ll have access to brilliant discounts through the Blue Light Discount Card and our own employee benefits platform.
- Wellbeing Support – Staff wellbeing is always priority. You’ll have access to mental health and wellbeing support.
- Team Working – You will be working as part of a team that is supporting our mission of helping people in crisis.
- Cycle2Work – The cycle to work scheme enables you to lease a bicycle.
- Season ticket loan – We offer an interest free loan to buy a season ticket for travel between home and work.
At The British Red Cross, we pride ourselves on our diverse workforce, and ensuring we have an inclusive environment for all our staff and volunteers. We remain committed to ensuring our teams can bring their true selves to work without risk or fear of discrimination. We do this through regular data reporting, and the support of our internal Race and Equality Network (REEN), LGBT+ Network, our Disability and Wellness Network (DAWN), Gender Network, Carers Network and Youth Network.
Connecting human kindness with human crisis
To apply for this role, please follow this link – https://careers.redcross.org.uk/vacancies/8051/business-and-partnerships-development-manager.html