Associate Director of Compliance and Operations
£74k to £85k plus excellent benefits
Kingston University is seeking to recruit an Associate Director of Compliance and Operations to join the Leadership Team of the Estates and Sustainability Directorate.
Kingston University is a leading London University with circa 20,000 students and 2,000 staff based across 4 teaching campuses in and around Kingston upon Thames. With 4 successful faculties across a broad range of subjects and annual income of circa £220m the University is continually developing and improving its estates and facilities provision to support high-quality teaching, research and student experience.
The Estates and Sustainability directorate exists to support Kingston University’s academic mission and the goals set out in its strategic plan. It leads on strategic planning, capital development, space management, operational sustainability, energy management and biodiversity management as well as statutory compliance and operation of the campuses and premises used by the university. It provides direction for the operation, facilities maintenance, and management of the estate by KUSCO (Kingston University Service Company) – a wholly owned subsidiary of the University.
Reporting to the Director of Estates and Sustainability, the Associate Director for Compliance and Operations provides University leadership in the compliance and operation across all aspects of the University’s physical estate including:
- management of the facilities management contract (via KUSCO) in the delivery of excellent maintenance and engineering activities across the campus – including technical leadership.
- leadership of compliance and improvement plans including fire protection/fire risk assessment, asbestos, water hygiene, and accessibility/Equality Act matters across all premises used by the University.
- oversight of the utilities budget through working with the Energy Manager, and oversight of energy management/carbon reduction improvement.
- oversight of biodiversity compliance through working with the Biodiversity and Landscape Manager.
- actively contribute to operational sustainability in collaboration with the Strategic Operational Lead for Sustainability.
- manage property matters with internal colleagues and external agents regarding all routine matters including leases, rents and rates, insurances etc.
We are seeking an individual qualified to provide engineering leadership and technical knowledge. You will have experience in an estates leadership role with oversight of strategy and delivery of estates infrastructure management and operations. You will have specific track record in leading the development and execution of estates compliance strategies resulting in performance improvement and assurance to statutory and best practice standards.
Kingston University offers an attractive package of additional benefits including:
• 35 days annual leave per year, in addition to public holidays.
• An excellent local government career average pension scheme.
• A positive attitude to returners to work / requests for flexible working.
The candidate brochure can be viewed here https://online.flippingbook.com/view/13808117/
For a confidential discussion and the full job description please contact our retained advisors Matt Giles of MRG on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07530 680 159. To apply please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 28 January 2024